Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Serve God whatever the cost

My family memories of Dr Bob go back to my uncle and aunt (Hugh and Dorothy Haile) who knew the Foster family while my uncle was working in the Colonial Service in Zambia and living in Luanshya. I was not present there of course, but I have lost count of the number of countries where I have met him or been with people whose lives have been changed by his challenge to serve God whatever the cost.
 
There are many more personal memories, of course - you couldn't live and work at Mukinge without hearing stories of Dr Bob and seeing his legacy; meeting Dr Bob in locations around the world was always inspiring and challenging, whether it was a personal chat or a public meeting.
 
Dr Bob was a man of such vision and energy, a man who trusted God for the impossible and so often saw it come to pass. I thank God for the privilege of knowing him. 
 
Dorothy Haile

No comments:

Post a Comment