Thursday, January 12, 2012

We will soon be together

Dear Fosters, Belva, and all seven Children and Grandkids!

Our hearts go out to you as we have received news of the home going of Dr. Bob. 

I am writing for Jonathan and David, our sons, and their families, because Stephen and I, with our children feel very very close to you all.  We had fellowship over the years with your Mom and Dad.  My Stephen died over seven years ago - and the loss was great to me and Jonathan and David  so we understand what it is like to lose a husband, a father and a grandfather.  Of course, Stephen Olford was born in Zambia and lived in Luma Cassai Angola until he was 17 when he returned to the U.K. to study.  Stephen and Bob had similar early lives and later over the years of ministry in America.  After we married we had much sweet and great fellowship with Dr. Bob and Belva.  He preached many times with Stephen at missionary conferences, churches and at our church, Calvary Baptist in New York City where we were for 15 years.  This is just to let you know that we knew the heart of both your Dad and Mother and always were interested in what they were doing in Angola.

Some time ago in a letter to me, Dr. Bob told me that Belva wasn't so well - and at that time I wrote to say that we would be praying for you all.  I don't know how your mother is doing now, but I send my love to her. 

This separation is forever as far as this world is concerned - but we will soon be together again forever and ever! Praise the Lord!

Please keep in touch and know we will pray and support what you are all doing for the Kingdom of the Lord wherever you are. 

A verse that is used often when a saint dies - It is the only one that I am thinking and rejoicing in today - Psalm 116:15 - "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints."  My thoughts are very heavenly minded as I think of Bob Foster and Stephen Olford - Precious saints, now with their Lord who they served so very faithfully for years and years.  I am 87 so I live knowing I too will soon be on the other side!

We Love You--

Heather Olford

No comments:

Post a Comment